Your blood pressure is 117 over 89?
What your values meanYour blood pressure is: Prehypertension / High normal
But regarding your systolic (upper) value your blood pressure is rather: Ideal!
If you are getting two different types of classification for your blood pressure it is more likely to chose the one that is considered worse, e.g. if your systolic (upper) value is 'normal' and your diastolic (lower) value is 'high normal', consider 'high normal' as your classification.
Table of Contents
- Blood Pressure 117 over 89 on the scale
- Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor for 117/89
- What does "High Normal" mean?
- Check another value
1. Scale / Classification as diagram
2. Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor
3. Check another value
4. Meaning of High Normal blood pressureYour blood pressure is high normal.
Requirement for a high normal blood pressure is a value of 130-139 over 85-89.
Would your systolic (upper) value increase by 23 mmHg to 140 mmHg and your diastolic (lower) value would increase by 1 mmHg your blood pressure was not anymore 'high normal' but 'Hypertension Stage 1'.
What if I continuously have high blood pressure?
What are some lifestyle factors that I can control
Those with normal high blood pressure, or pre-hypertension, should seriously look at the following lifestyle factors that can be controlled in order to reduce one's risk for the development of stage one and stage two hypertension. These lifestyle factors include:
High blood pressure can be controlled and eliminated all together. All it takes is being conscious of one's lifestyle and regularly consulting with a physician.
- 5 quick and easy ways to immediately lower your blood pressure
- Which tea lowers my blood pressure?
- Why does my chest hurt?
- Warning signs of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Understanding the high normal blood pressure
- Understanding Hypertension Stage 1
- Understanding Hypertension Stage 2