Your blood pressure is 97 over 53?
What your values meanYour blood pressure is: Too low - Hypotension!
Table of Contents
- Blood Pressure 97 over 53 on the scale
- Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor for 97/53
- What does "Hypotension" mean?
- Check another value
1. Scale / Classification as diagram
2. Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor
3. Check another value
4. Meaning of Hypotension blood pressureYour blood pressure is too low.
Though a value of "too low" does not exist in the classification of the WHO it is very usual to classify a blood pressure unter 105/60 as hypotension.
Usually a blood pressure under normal is harmless. A lot of people live all their life with low blood pressure without having any downsides. So if you feel well, this blood pressure is no reason for worries.
Would you want to increase your blood pressure to make it a normal blood pressure you would have to increase your systolic (upper) value by 8 mmHg and your lower (diastolic) value by 27 mmHg.
Symptoms of hypotension are:
- Paleness, cold hands and feet, feeling cold
- easy tiredness, concentration problems
- dizziness, "blacking out"
- syncopes, collapses
If those symtpoms appear directly after changing your body position (ex. getting up fast) they will most likely disappear in a matter of minutes.
If you have circulatory problems, dizziness, brackishness or feel like you are passing out please contact a doctor
A cooking salt rich diet und a good hydration can help to increase your blood pressure.
Those actions can also help strengthen your body:
- Regular sports and exercise
- stimulating herbs (like rosemary)
- warm and cold showers (end cold)
- slow getting up, especially in the morning - stretch and extend!
Please note: coffee and drinks that contain coffeine will only increase your blood pressure for a short period of time