Your blood pressure is 134 over 92?
What your values meanYour blood pressure is: Too high - Hypertension Stage 1
But regarding your systolic (upper) value your blood pressure is rather: Prehypertension / High normal
If you are getting two different types of classification for your blood pressure it is more likely to chose the one that is considered worse, e.g. if your systolic (upper) value is 'normal' and your diastolic (lower) value is 'high normal', consider 'high normal' as your classification.
Table of Contents
- Blood Pressure 134 over 92 on the scale
- Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor for 134/92
- What does "Hypertension Stage 1" mean?
- Check another value
1. Scale / Classification as diagram
2. Virtual Blood Pressure Monitor
3. Check another value
4. Meaning of Hypertension Stage 1 blood pressureYour blood pressure too high - Hypertension Stage 1
Requirement for a blood pressure Hypertension Stage 1 is a value of 140-159 over 90-99.
Would your systolic (upper) value increase by 26 mmHg to 160 mmHg and your diastolic (lower) value would increase by 8 mmHg to 100 mmHg your blood pressure was not anymore 'Hypertension Stage 1' but 'Hypertension Stage 2'.
Causes and Risks of Hypertension Stage 1
Stage 1 hypertension can cause damage to a person’s kidneys, liver and heart if he or she does not receive treatment for it. Therefore, a physician will most likely implement a dietary plan for a person with stage 1 hypertension. He or she may also prescribe pharmaceutical drugs such as thiazide, lisinopril, nadolol or diltiazem. A person who is over the age of 20 should receive a blood pressure reading a least once every two years to check for high blood pressure. Quick action is the best defense against the condition.
- 5 quick and easy ways to immediately lower your blood pressure
- Which tea lowers my blood pressure?
- Warning signs of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Why does my chest hurt?
- Understanding Hypertension Stage 1
- Understanding Hypertension Stage 2